Industrial Engineering Supervisor
Dorel Industries Inc. (TSX: DII.B, DII.A) is a global organization, operating two distinct businesses in juvenile products and home products. Dorel’s strength lies in the diversity, innovation, and quality of its products as well as the superiority of its brands. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global brands Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complemented by regional brands such as Safety 1st, BebeConfort, Cosco, and Infanti. Dorel Home, with its comprehensive e-commerce platform, markets a wide assortment of domestically produced and imported furniture. Dorel has annual sales of US$1.7 billion and employs approximately 4,200 people in facilities located in twenty-two countries worldwide.
The Industrial Engineering Supervisor will supervise and execute the work of the industrial engineering department under the direction of the Director of Technical Services. They will lead the documentation of manufacturing process flows, assembly line layouts, and operator workstations. In addition, they will perform labor time studies and establish labor & machines routing hours. They are responsible for completing & converting product engineering drawings & specifications, plus specific product features determined by marketing into detailed manufacturing bill of materials (BOM’s). These BOM’s include component part numbers & descriptions, operation sequences, unit quantities, costs, and labor & machine hours.
- Develop detailed BOM’s for all new Columbus made SKU’s and changes to existing SKU’s.
- Identify opportunities to reduce waste and increase productivity in manufacturing and manufacturing support activities.
- Develop manufacturing cost estimates for new products and changes to existing products.
- Maintain labor management system based upon engineering standards that accurately report predicted and actual labor activity
- Update and maintain capacity planning tools
- Create and update manufacturing process flows and update manufacturing floor layouts.
- Support new product development process by providing input to insure accurate, logical, and consistent BOM product structures & subassemblies.
- Develop product pallet stack patterns and recommend optimized warehouse & trailer space utilization.
- Participate in development of PFMEA’s and Control Plans for new products and major changes to existing products.
- Seek improvements in ergonomics and safety.
- Supervise industrial engineering technical personnel
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as in Industrial engineer in a manufacturing organization
- Ability to accurately estimate product cost
- Experience in labor analysis and costing
- Skilled in using work estimation tools such as MODAPTS, MOST, or MTM
- Knowledge of work sampling
- Ability to create and modify process maps
- Skilled in enterprise resource planning (ERP) tools
- Proficient in Microsoft suite applications
- Track record of continuously improving workflows
- Good interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Visio and Cape Pack software
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
- Skilled in other analytical techniques such as labor time studies, Lean, Kaizen, PFMEA, etc.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Are you ready to grow with us?
All of our talented employees share the same mission: to Care for Precious Life. We help families live carefree lives by providing them with juvenile products with the highest safety and comfort standards. Our frontrunner mentality matches our position as a global market leader. Being first means we forge our own path, we explore new ways to enhance our brands. We are continuously reinforcing our leading position and believe that team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth.