3rd Shift Production Supervisor
Dorel Juvenile provides people the invaluable opportunity to make a difference. To work on leading brands together with talented people across the globe, and to keep growing both personally and professionally. Take the next step in your career and join our quest to improve the parenting journey for millions of families around the world.
The Production Supervisor is a key member of our manufacturing team and has full responsibility for the daily production activities in their assigned area(s). This position works under the general supervision of the Operations Manager and direction of Plant Manager.
- Manages day-to-day production team within assigned area(s). This includes understanding team challenges, defining areas for performance improvements with team members, driving teamwork and leading problem-solving groups. Records performance, updates charts and graphs and reports on performance.
- Communicates with other Production Supervisors and support functions to ensure an efficient and transparent information flow, will collaborate to define improvement areas and precise action plans.
- Identifies performance gaps and manages the resolution of them by utilizing established tools and processes.
- Ensures all team members are trained and have demonstrated competency.
- Improves the 5S performance of the assigned area(s) and processes to be the best in the facility. Leverages best practices in the plant.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in an injection molding environment highly preferred.
- Ability to incorporate lessons from practical experience into sustainable process improvements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills communicates well with manufacturing personnel, quality, engineering, program management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to collect and analyze DJG operations data, make observations and recommendations.
- Commitment to improving the 5S performance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certification Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent; Associate Degree in a business or technical field related to manufacturing is preferred, plus 5-years manufacturing experience with 3-years in a supervisory or team lead role.
Are you ready to grow with us?
All ofour talented employees share the same mission: to Care for Precious Life. We help families live carefree lives by providing them with juvenile products with the highest safety and comfort standards. Our frontrunner mentality matches our position as a global market leader. Being first means we forge our own path,we explore new ways to enhance our brands. We are continuously reinforcing our leading position and believe that team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth.