Warehouse Administration Manager
The European Operations division of Dorel Juvenile consists of 5 departments: Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Warehouse & Distribution, Procurement, and Supplier Quality.
At our NL site in Helmond, our W&D activities are spread out over two warehouses (together 34,000 m2), where 52 (excl. flex) enthusiastic logistics colleagues work on the international physical goods flow of our Maxi Cosi and Quinny juvenile products.
In our Distribution Center (DC), an exciting opportunity has recently come up for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and proactive Warehouse Administration Manager (m/f, fulltime 40 hrs/wk). The WAM manages a team of 15 people, divided over Transport planning, Stock Control, Process Control, Customs and Repairs. You will be part of the Warehouse Management Team and report directly to the Warehouse Manager.
Please note that this vacancy is for a locally hired position. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work in the Netherlands! Dorel will not attempt to obtain immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
What’s in it for you?
First of all, we’re proud to say that our warehouses are clean and well-maintained and we place high value on safety. We also offer a dynamic and international logistics environment that is in the process of changing. So, if you have always wanted the chance to impact a logistics department and really make a difference, then this is a great opportunity! Last but not least, we have some excellent fringe benefits (secundaire arbeidsvoorwaarden) that might surprise you!
Your mission is to ensure an optimal logistical administration, cover daily transport capacity, as well as a smoothly operating Repair Centre. You will be the connecting factor between the different departments within our organization and are not afraid to identify and tackle operational pain points because you know how to optimize processes where necessary. Thanks to your capacity to anticipate, you ensure that the internal goods flow reaches its definite location on time. On the people management side, you are expected to guide, inspire, motivate and stimulate your team to deliver the best possible results.
- You deliver an important contribution to the further professionalization of the department and organization, continually work on the improvement of processes and the activities of the department.
- You hold daily work briefings with your team and are also responsible for the performance evaluation discussions (official and in-between) of the people of your department. You give the correct directions and support to your team, so that the desired quality level is achieved.
- You ensure streamlining and quality control of the goods processing flow, in alignment with stakeholder departments.
- You set the right priorities to allow the logistical administrative processes to function optimally.
- You have frequent meetings with carriers and uphold and support our transport policy.
- You take initiatives and take the wishes of internal and external customers into account.
- Circa 3 -5 years relevant admin experience in an international logistics environment;
- Experience managing a small team and ready to make a step to a larger scope;
- Fluent Dutch and excellent command of the English language is a must;
- You have proven experience with a WMS (warehouse management system);
- You are able and willing to schedule and assign your people into various (day) shifts;
- Hands on mentality;
- Focus on efficiency.
Are you ready to grow with us?
Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global brands Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complemented by regional brands such as Safety 1st, BebeConfort, Cosco and Infanti. We are proud to work with 2700 highly driven professionals in more than 25 different countries. All of our talented employees share the same mission: to Care for Precious Life. We help families live carefree lives by providing them with juvenile products with the highest safety and comfort standards.
Our frontrunner mentality matches our position as a global market leader. Being first means we forge our own path, we explore new ways to enhance our brands. We are continuously reinforcing our leading position and believe that team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. A vital element of our daily operations is the strong connection we maintain with our consumers. We engage with them wherever they are, so they will always benefit from our products and services, even in ways they did not expect.