Copywriter (native ENG)
We have an opportunity for you to join an ambitious new creative team in our EU headquarters in Helmond as a Copywriter. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, creative environment for some of the world’s largest brands in the juvenile industry (Maxi-Cosi®, BebeConfort®, Tiny Love™, BabyArt and Safety 1st®). You understand the brand DNA of each of our A-brands and can compose and translate everything needed into attractive copy.
We are looking for a native English Copywriter to join our growing creative team. The internal team develops innovative creative for every part of our business across a total of six brands. This means our in-house team juggles every project the company executes (web, print, product copy, packaging, installations, app, social, campaigns, internal communication material and anything else that may come up). You as our Copywriter are a critical part of our team. You would work closely with the entire Creative and Marketing team to ensure we’re delivering inspiring, persuasive, and impeccable copy across all our platforms (digital and physical). You will be reporting directly into the Graphic Design Project Lead, joining a developing in-house creative team based in Helmond.
You work quickly and efficiently and excel at asking the right questions and choosing the right words to clearly, accurately (and often humorously), convey product information, product education as well as the Big Messages—you get that there are differences among these customer touchpoints, but understand they are equally important. You understand the importance of tone of voice: of the brand and our various communication channels. As a valued member of our growing in-house creative team, you’ll help solidify the Dorel Juvenile family of brands as best in class.
NB: We are looking to hire someone who is available to work from our Helmond (NL) office at least 2 days a week!
- Using Creative briefs provided by internal partners, write engaging copy for all customer touchpoints including but not limited to: in-store displays and collateral, email, DTC web content, app copy, social media (organic and paid), print and digital advertising (video supers and scripts), product copy, product naming, and more.
- Learn, understand, and clearly convey the established brand voice for each of our brands.
- Deliver creative copy that is on brief, on time, on brand, and effectively communicates the messages as outlined by the various Marketing departments like Brand, Digital Marketing and Trade Marketing.
- Work cross-functionally to obtain any outstanding information with the customer always top-of-mind. You easily anticipate their needs and preemptively ask questions to fill in the blanks when needed.
- Swiftly incorporate feedback, comments, and changes from stakeholders with a positive, solution-driven attitude
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, always practicing effective communication with cross-functional partners, team members and managers.
- Proofread creative assets to ensure consistency and accurate use of grammar, product descriptions, and on-brand copy style and voice prior to group reviews and production release.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent applicable experience.
- You are a native English speaker; this is a must. Any additional languages would be a plus.
- Several years of relevant work experience specifically in the consumer goods or e-commerce space (working with a legal team is a plus), editorial/blogging, communications, social media, or a related field.
- Strong attention to detail in copywriting, storytelling, and proofreading; you appreciate a quirky sense of humor and understand when to show it versus when to cut it.
- Digital experience and a passion for combining your creative and organizational skills; a team player who is willing to jump in and help wherever needed.
- Prior experience writing product + email marketing copy, branded/campaign + editorial copy, and social copy across all relevant platforms (an understanding of SEO copywriting is a plus).
- Someone who is smart, funny, super organized, collaborative and believes that work/life balance is something that’s REAL and not just a catchphrase in a job description.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Can stay on top of their workload and be communicative about their time management.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Advanced user of MS Office suite of products.
- Willingness to learn and adopt new tools (JIRA, Salsify, Ziflow)
Portfolio link or applicable writing samples required upon application.
What we offer
- A market level salary based on your experience and knowledge, with room to grow.
- This is a position for 32 to 40 hours per week, depending on your preferences.
- You will first receive an annual contract with a probation time of one month.
- You are eligible for a 13th month every year.
- The option to work hybrid up to 3 days, with 2 joint office days (Tuesday and Thursday).
- The annual leave entitlements consist of 28 vacation days in the case of full-time employment.
- Extensive retirement plan.
- Other terms include travel expenses, use of a laptop and telephone if required, option to purchase extra holiday hours, Bicycle Plan and collective health insurance.
- Besides work there is time for fun such as team outings.
N.B. This position is eligible for our internal ‘Refer a Friend’ policy. Please ask your HR Manager for the terms that apply.
We offer a Copywriter position in which you will be responsible for a broad scope of creative copywriting. Are you ready to grow with us?
About Dorel Juvenile
Dorel Juvenile is the world's leading juvenile products company. Our well-known products and strong brands Max-Cosi and Tiny Love are complemented by regional brands and are available in more than 100 countries.
We are proud to work with 2.700 highly driven professionals in 25 different countries. All our talented employees share the same mission: to Care for Precious Life. We help families live carefree lives by providing them with juvenile products with the highest safety and comfort standards.
Our frontrunner mentality matches our position as a global market leader. Being first means we forge our own path; we explore new ways to enhance our brands. We are continuously reinforcing our leading position and believe that team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. A vital element of our daily operations is the strong connection we maintain with our consumers. We engage with them wherever they are, so they will always benefit from our products and services, even in ways they did not expect.