Content Marketing Manager
Dorel Industries Inc. (TSX: DII.B, DII.A) is a global organization, operating two distinct businesses in juvenile products and home products. Dorel’s strength lies in the diversity, innovation, and quality of its products as well as the superiority of its brands. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global brands Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complemented by regional brands such as Safety 1st, BebeConfort, Cosco, and Infanti. Dorel Home, with its comprehensive e-commerce platform, markets a wide assortment of domestically produced and imported furniture. Dorel has annual sales of US$1.7 billion and employs approximately 4,200 people in facilities located in twenty-two countries worldwide.
We are seeking a Content Marketing Manager to define and drive our multi-brand, digital content marketing strategy that support our business objectives for brand awareness and DTC growth for the Dorel Juvenile brands. This role will also plan and execute social media marketing for our Mainline brands including Safety 1st, Cosco Kids and Monbebe. In this role you’re strategize and execute content programs for care givers of children (mainly parents) and those who give baby gear as gifts. Baby gear is confusing and sometimes an intimidating space. Our brands want to help care givers with the right solutions for their needs across the right mix of channels, platforms, and formats.
The ideal candidate will have experience in strategizing, planning, and executing digital content marketing programs across social media and web platforms, as well as playing active role in creating content or partnering with others to do so. The right candidate will define opportunities and then create and deliver content that ranks in search, drive conversation, and compel shopping actions for our brands. You are not risk adverse; you embrace it. You have a passion for storytelling. You are an action-oriented who is comfortable with “the gray” and sharing a point-of-view on a business challenge.
• Across brands define content marketing opportunities for each of our brands and categories, creating a common ‘toolbox’ of content strategy + tactics to be leveraged in unique ways by each brand across blog, audio, social and other mediums
• Follow brand guidelines to plan and execute content that aims to inspire, inform, and entertain our audience – and drive conversation, shares and shopper traffic
• Pitch and execute content ideas to brand and channel marketing colleagues
• Adopt the brand voice when responding to consumers
• Schedule and publish daily social media content across channels using social media management tools such as Sprinklr and Bazaarvoice/Curalate
• Assist with crafting and executing annual, quarterly and monthly plans with brand and retail marketing teams
• Working alongside the Social Media Specialist, internal brand partners, and external agencies, manage influencer lists and campaigns
• Build influencer lists and assist with management of day-to-day influencer campaigns
• Play a role in identifying and securing partnerships with like-minded brands for co-branded promotion
• Keep a pulse on trending topics, competitor and like-minded brand content, and industry news to inform our content marketing strategy and react quickly
• Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as brand managers, creative, and DTC teams as well as external agencies
• Conduct other administrative duties as needed
Education, Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree with preferred major or background in Marketing, Advertising, Visual Arts, Writing, Psychology
• 5+ years experience in social, search and/or digital content marketing
• Organized and creative with a strong desire to continue learning
• Understanding of SEO, content, and social media marketing - and how it contributes to overarching business goals
• Experience with social platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, and others
• Experience with content planning and publishing platforms – blog, video, etc.
• Digital graphic design and copywriting preferred
• Basic knowledge/awareness of platforms like Sprinklr, Curalate, Bazaarvoice, Power Reviews, Product seeding preferred
• Microsoft Office 365 proficiency
• Excellent writing, reporting and analytical skills
• Highly motivated and able to adapt to a fast-paced working environment
• Willingness to learn new marketing platforms and tools as our strategy and program evolves
Are you ready to grow with us?
Dorel Juvenile provides people the invaluable opportunity to make a difference. To work on leading brands together with talented people across the globe, and to keep growing both personally and professionally. Take the next step in your career and join our quest to improve the parenting journey for millions of families around the world.