Consumer and Markets Insights Manager
About Dorel Juvenile
Are you passionate about leveraging data to drive strategic decision-making in the dynamic world of juvenile products? Dorel Juvenile Europe, a global leader in child safety and juvenile products, seeks a talented and experienced Consumer and Market Insights Manager to head our innovative team.
Dorel Juvenile is the world's leading juvenile products company. Our well-known products and strong brands Max-Cosi and Tiny Love are complemented by regional brands and are available in more than 100 countries.
We are proud to work with 2.700 highly driven professionals in 25 different countries. All our talented employees share the same mission: to Care for Precious Life. We help families live carefree lives by providing them with juvenile products with the highest safety and comfort standards.
Our frontrunner mentality matches our position as a global market leader. Being first means we forge our own path; we explore new ways to enhance our brands. We are continuously reinforcing our leading position and believe that team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. A vital element of our daily operations is the strong connection we maintain with our consumers. We engage with them wherever they are, so they will always benefit from our products and services, even in ways they did not expect.
Your primary role is to be the data evangelist bringing the consumer's voice into the organization. The goal is to provide invaluable insights to Dorel Juvenile, fostering the shift to a data-driven culture within the company. This extends to collaborating with the marketing, sales and product teams, empowering them with key insights for strategic product launches. As well as with our European Leadership Team in their decision making.
Together with your team of two analysts it is your mission to turn a multitude of data into high-quality information, insights and recommendations that enable evidence-based decision-making. The strategic vision for the upcoming year revolves around the creation of a comprehensive long-term plan, ensuring that data remains at the forefront of organizational strategy, innovation, and decision-making.
- Team Leadership: Coach and manage a team of two consumer insights analysts, guiding them in collecting and analyzing product, market, and competitor information.
- Strategic Consultation: Act as an internal consultant, managing internal stakeholders, interpreting and prioritizing questions, and confidently presenting findings to the senior leadership team.
- Financial Oversight: Hold the budget for the insights team, ensuring efficient allocation of resources to meet research and analysis objectives.
- External Agency Collaboration: Serve as the key contact for external agencies such as Nielsen and GFK, deciding when to leverage their services and adeptly interpreting and applying their data.
- Data Consolidation and Market Insights: Consolidate various data sources to provide comprehensive market insights, observing, analyzing, and translating consumer behavior. Additionally, gather and analyze consumer feedback throughout the consumer journey, measuring brand performance and facilitating front-end innovation initiatives.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Marketing, Business, Business Analytics, or related field, preferably with any experience in CPG or retailer branch.
- Proven experience in using data analysis for decision-making.
- Experienced in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods from the client or agency side is preferred.
- Approachable and flexible, safeguarding the team by effectively filtering tasks. Coaching them to help improve team skills.
- Expertise in connecting and synthesising information from diverse sources to provide a comprehensive overview while managing a large number of internal stakeholders.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex data findings to non-technical stakeholders at all organisational levels.
- Strategic mindset with a passion for driving business growth through data-driven decision-making.
What we offer
- A salary between €4000 and €5300 a month based on your experience and knowledge, with room to grow.
- This is a position for 32 to 40 hours per week, depending on your preferences.
- You will first receive an annual contract with a probation time of one month.
- You are eligible for a 13th month every year.
- The option to work hybrid up to 3 days, with 2 joint office days.
- The annual leave entitlements consist of 28 vacation days in the case of full-time employment.
- Extensive retirement plan.
- Other terms include travel expenses, use of a laptop, option to purchase extra holiday hours, Bicycle Plan and collective health insurance.
- Besides work there is time for fun such as team outings.
Embark on a career where growth isn't just a goal but a continuous journey of deepening your skillset and potentially expanding our dynamic team. In an environment where change is constant and adaptability is the key to excitement, you'll have the unique opportunity to be part of NPIs from the very start, contributing to the development of innovative products. Join us in shaping the future through diverse projects across the organization – are you ready to grow with us? Take the next step and apply now!
N.B. This position is eligible for our internal ‘Refer a Friend’ policy. Please ask your HR Manager for the terms that apply.
Working at a Top Employer
We are thrilled to have been officially certified as a 'Top Employer' for 2023 for our Dorel Juvenile Europe HQ in the Netherlands! This remarkable achievement is a testament to our collective dedication and hard work. This is a team effort, and we couldn't be prouder of the incredible team we have. For you as a soon-to-be DJE team member, this means we prioritize your well-being, development, and experience at Dorel Juvenile.
Being recognized as a Top Employer is a clear validation of our commitment to creating an exceptional work environment. This certification highlights our dedication to enriching our workplace through proven people experiences, aligning with our ambition to become the Employer of Choice.
Our People Strategy, designed with your needs in mind, prioritizes connection, clear communication, development, and learning. Please ask us about this during your interview process.
For more information, visit the Top Employers Institute's website.