We are seeking a detail-oriented individual to join our Columbus, IN based Import team as a Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) Coordinator. As part of Import Team, you will be responsible for the management of the Columbus Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) to ensure compliance with FTZ and Customs and Border Patrol regulations.
The FTZ Coordinator will work closely with internal shipping, receiving, and inventory teams and external partners in customs compliance, and customs brokers, to ensure regulations, inventory transactions are accurate, and to resolve issues that would cause delays. This role will report directly to the Import Traffic Manager.
- Assist in the administration of all FTZ responsibilities and ensure all FTZ processes and procedures are complied with, including but not limited to:
- Reporting to Bureau of Census
- FTZ Operations Manual
- FTZ Harbor Maintenance Fees
- Investigation into all discrepancies
- Become familiar with the FTZ Operations Manual
- Identify and help resolve discrepancies both with receiving and on EDI error report
- Administratively supporting all departments on compliance policies/practices
- Ensure 100% compliance with CTPAT requirements
- 100% accuracy on all documentation
- Assist in all mandatory training for all affected employees
- Backup for FTZ Administrator
- Following FTZ guidelines at all times
- Review and Approve Invoices
- Review carrier statements
- Responsible for HTS Code Maintenance for US and Canada
- Check HTS Codes from manufacturing group.
- Add new or remove old HTS codes.
- Update Rates
- Annual review for updates
- Container Tracking and Tracing, including managing HOT containers and ensuring on time booking of containers by suppliers.
- Manage Canadian Vancouver Transload Report
- Update report weekly as needed, by filling in missing details from Maersk site.
- Provide documents to carrier
- Review Carrier daily missing reports – Maersk missing Events (dates and times)
- Track and trace shortages and refund
- Track and trace supplier offender listing
- Additional duties as assigned
Experience and Skills
- Prior experience using JD Edwards or other ERP highly preferred.
- Prior manufacturing and operations experience preferred
- Strong administrative and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- High attention to detail, must be able to perform with high degree of accuracy and urgency.
- Outstanding computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Exception reliability and dependability.
- Exhibit strong professional demeanor in everyday dealings with others.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certification Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one year warehouse/distribution experience
- Prior experience or familiarity with FTZ and CBP regulations highly preferred.
Are you ready to grow with us?
Dorel Industries Inc. (TSX: DII.B, DII.A) is a global organization, operating two distinct businesses in juvenile products and home products. Dorel’s strength lies in the diversity, innovation, and quality of its products as well as the superiority of its brands. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global brands Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complemented by regional brands such as Safety 1st, BebeConfort, Cosco, and Infanti. Dorel Home, with its comprehensive e-commerce platform, markets a wide assortment of domestically produced and imported furniture. Dorel has annual sales of US$1.7 billion and employs approximately 4,200 people in facilities located in twenty-two countries worldwide.