About usAs leaders in juvenile care, our role is to empower parents on their journey, through confidence. We help people bring safety and care to the most precious thing there is – life. We take the privilege of bringing care into the lives of others very seriously. We take pride in offering solutions that make the everyday, easier. This is why we are constantly innovating new ways to give parents more.
Your missionWe are looking for a Soft Goods Pattern and Sample Maker to join our Soft Goods Design and Sample Making team.
Key responsibilities• Drape, develop patterns and sew sample soft goods for juvenile products, including car seats, strollers, highchairs, etc.
• Work with the Lead Patternmaker and the Manager of Model Services, Fashion Designers, Industrial Designers and Engineers in the design and pre-production fabrication of Soft Goods.
• Work with global vendors to transfer assets and information to get the product from prototype to production.
• Coordinate external fabrication resources for sample needs.
• Use various sewing machines including, but not limited to, straight stitch, zig zag, and preprogrammed machines in producing a wide range of samples.
• Operational knowledge of heat presses, embroidery machines, common hand, and power tools.
• Interpret basic patterns and drawings, work from detailed instructions from supervisors to construct prototypes.
• Create preliminary patterns and assist the Lead Patternmaker with details and necessary notes to finalize patterns for costing and production use.
• Review material selection to identify any issues that may arise in sample fabrication or production.
• Assist Soft Goods Designers in the completion of construction specification documents for Soft Goods
• Identify potential improvements in efficiency and cost.
• Purchase/Request materials and supplies.
Your profile• Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design, Fashion Design or equivalent experience preferred.
• 2+ years of pattern making and sewing experience, in upholstery, fashion, or relevant field.
• Knowledge of Gerber systems preferred.
Are you ready to grow with us?Dorel Juvenile provides people the invaluable opportunity to make a difference. To work on leading brands together with talented people across the globe, and to keep growing both personally and professionally. Take the next step in your career and join our quest to improve the parenting journey for millions of families around the world.