About usDorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complimented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
Your missionThe Safety Coordinator is responsible for providing and promoting a safe environment for employees and visitors. This position reports to the Industrial Health & Safety Manager. This position will primarily be 2nd or 3rd shift.
Key responsibilities• Primary safety and security resource for all local employees, visitors, and management• Implement and uphold all local site health, safety and related environmental expectations
• Maintain visitor logs, create ID badges and provide assistance to guests at the employee entrance
• Complete daily facility patrols and area walkthroughs
• Take all emergency and non-emergency calls, perform first aid when needed.
• Assist with incident investigations as needed
• Assist in maintaining 5S Safety Areas (eye wash stations, fire extinguishers, etc)
• Perform other safety and security related duties and special project as assigned
Your profile• Must be flexible on schedule, including availability for nights, weekends and holidays
• Prior work experience in safety and security role, manufacturing or distribution environment highly preferred.
• Ability to work independently and as well as with a team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to prioritize and manage time efficiently
• First Aid and CPR certification preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office• Perform other safety and security related duties and special projects as assigned
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Must possess valid driver’s license
Are you ready to grow with us?The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!